I love eggs. Every weekend, eggs are a part of my breakfast in some fashion. It’s a great source of protein, and the perfect extra power-up for my morning weekend workouts.
My favorite thing about making eggs, whether you make them alone or pair them with something else, is everything is interchangeable. You can eat them solo, or pair them with as little or few meats and veggies as you want. Don’t like spinach, don’t use it. Love sausage? Throw it in there. Extra cheese? No problem. I also use my little cheat here for prosciutto in this recipe. Since I use such a small amount, if I don’t have any prosciutto on hand, I’ll just crisp up some deli ham in a sauté pan for a perfect texturized crunch, and it also gives the ham a little smoky flavor too.
I won’t cloud this up with chat, you’re hungry, and the day is ticking away. You’re 15 minute decadent breakfast awaits you…
1/2 Tbsp. Butter
2 Tbsp. of Cream (or you can substitute milk)
1 Tsp Olive Oil
1/4 cup of Spinach
2 Tbsp. of Sliced Ham
1 Tsp Parsley
1/8 Tsp Salt
1/8 Tsp Pepper
2 Tbsp. of Mozzarella Cheese
1. Begin by preheating your oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a sauté pan, wilt your spinach with 1 tsp of olive oil.
3. Take your deli ham and slice it thinly to equal out 2 tbsp., and add it to the sauté pan with wilted spinach.
4. In a ramekin, spray with cooking spray, then add your butter, and cream (or milk), crisped ham. CAREFULLY crack your two eggs, not breaking the yolk. Top with salt, pepper, salt, and pepper, and top with cheese.
5. Place your ramekin, sitting in shallow pan with sides. Fill the shallow pan up with a little water so that it comes up to about an inch up on the sides of the ramekin.
6. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
7. Serve with whole-grain toast, pefect for dipping the slightly running yolk and gooey cheese in!