So apparently people REALLY hate ‘bread and butter’. No butter rules the world, at least here at ClairevsKitchen and Google. It is now the #1 item on Google when searching for ‘no butter banana bread’. I like this!
No Butter Banana Bread is the President. According to my site stats, it receives 98% of all my hits. The people have spoken, you want Banana Bread, and you sure as heck don’t want butter in it. Got it.
Although I’m not a chocolate candy lover, I am devoted, to cocoa powder. Chocolate: cake, ice cream, cheesecake, brownies, pound cake, muffins, cupcakes…banana bread. I’m in. I have taken ClairevsKitchen’s most popular post, and tagged it with some chocolatey goodness, not too much, just the right amount, you don’t want to cover up the banana.
Every time I make a banana bread I get inspired to try to turn it into French Toast…so “Chocolate Swirl NO BUTTER Banana Bread French Toast” will probably take up most of my kitchen testing time Saturday morning, I know…sooooo terrible.
We are 6 weeks from wedding bells this weekend, so clearly I haven’t been in the baking zone lately, which is a total shame. But my butt thanks me, it has to be in a wedding dress. I think there should be a written rule in wedding planning that you get to take a mini vacation 7 weeks out from your wedding day to cool off, re-gather, and de-stress. We are so busy and there is never a non-busy or dull moment anymore. By the time we get home, done with a workout, working on the house, finalizing more wedding plans, and grilling dinner (yay summer) we sit down to eat and it’s after 9pm. Once we do sit down we usually end up dozing on the couch shortly after. With all this stress, shouldn’t I be losing weight? I usually dro lbs like it’s my job when I’m stressed. 7 lbs away from my goal weight, come on?! Haha stupid girls.
FROZEN BANANAS! Several weeks ago there was a banana sale. A $0.38 per lb sale, that’s nuts. So clearly I bought tons…and 5 days later, they turned brown, that’s cool. I took my first swing as freezing bananas. I know there are several techniques, but I didn’t bag them, I didn’t peel them, and I didnt….anything them. I just threw them in the freezer. Every time Brad went to look for Pizza Rolls or Ice Cream…BAM Bananas! He thinks the brown bananas starring at him every time he opened the door were creepy, I thought it would be a pizza roll repelant: I was wrong.
Chocolate Swirl NO BUTTER Banana Bread
The other PERFECT Bread
1 cup sugar
3 mashed bananas (about 1 cup, a little over wont hurt)
1/2 cup oil
1 container of Greek Yogurt of single serving 5.3oz (I used plain) (sour cream or apple sauce works too!)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup flour
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 tbsp boiling water
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1. Thaw out your bananas, this will take a few hours. Place them in a strainer or colander with a bowl underneath, this will allow the water a place to drain. When you’re ready to use them, peel them and then squish them in the strainer, you want to get rid of as much of the water as you can. Be careful not to lose too much of your banana by pushing too hard.
**Preheat oven to 350 and grease your pan with cooking spray, then flour it as well.
2. With a wire whisk , add your sugar and oil together (I used a 1/4 cup olive oil and 1/4 cup canola oil, but you can use all veg oil)
3. Add eggs, bananas, sour cream and vanilla until blended. If you don’t spend extra time making sure your bananas are mashed well I would recommend using your mixer to work it more.
4. Slowly add your flour, followed by the rest of your dry ingredients just until everything has combined, do not over-mix.
5. Take 1/3 of your batter and place it another bowl. Boil your water and add your cocoa powder, then add it to the 1/3 batter mixture.
6. Pour the original batter into pan,then dollop the chocolate batter in. I used a small spoon and took some of the original batter and scoop some small amounts on top of the chocolate make a swirl effect. If you try to swirl it with a toothpick or a knife, I found it just mixes the batters together instead of swirling them.
7. Bake for about 40 minutes. I always check mine with a toothpick 5 minutes early and wait for it to come out clean.