Quick post! I LOVE Thai food. I have this strange weakness for Pad Thai and have never tried it at home before. Although this isn’t a horribly authentic recipe, it gets the job done, and has dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes and for less than 5 bucks.
Easy Pad Thai (for one)
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, plus wedges for serving
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 (green onions) thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 large eggs, light beaten
a handful of fresh cilantro
a few almonds tossed on top doesn’t hurt!
- Soak noodles according to package instructions. Drain.
- In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, lime juice, soy sauce,1 tbsp fish sauce and Sriracha.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add green onions and garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant (about 30 seconds). Add eggs and cook, scraping skillet with spatula then transfer eggs to a plate.
- Add noodles, broccoli, red pepper, shrimp and sauce to skillet. Cook, tossing constantly, until noodles are soft (about 1 minute). Add egg mixture and toss to coat, breaking eggs up gently.
- Serve noodles with lime wedges, topped with cilantro and almonds